Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions before you make a booking. By placing a booking, you are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted them. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions from your contract with Norfolk K9 Training.
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING
· Family members are always welcome in our classes, but we recommend that only one person trains your dog at a time so as not to confuse. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
· Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer. If you are not clear whether you should have your dog on or off the lead when completing an exercise, just ask.
· You must not knowingly book a dog that shows aggression or nervousness onto a training course unless it is a specific course that is intended to address these issues. If you do not advise us of potential problems and your dog shows aggression in class, you will not be entitled to a refund. Contact us if you are not sure whether a class is suitable for your dog.
· You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training. The fun of training in a class is likely to excite your dog so keep a firm hold of your lead.
· Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until you are sure whether the dogs will get along
· Follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions.
· Pick up after your dogs and do not allow dogs to pee in the training – accidents do sometimes happen, so let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
· It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training (this includes appropriate vaccinations) and is not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health, please consult a veterinarian.
· Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. They will not be able to attend classes.
· We use reward-based training therefore harsh handling will not be tolerated. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads, particularly in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment, please let your trainer know.
· Any accidents or issues involving a person, or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
· Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
· If the class needs to be cancelled to inclement weather, either an alternative date will be provided, or the class will move online.
· Feel free to ask questions. More importantly, have fun and enjoy!!
BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
· Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. It is not possible to attend a session without payment being received unless agreed in advance with Norfolk K9 Training.
· Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you may cancel your purchase within a period of 7 working days beginning on the day after we send your booking confirmation. However, there is no right of cancellation where the course begins within this seven-day period.
· Cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- Cancellation of a class booking must be at least 7 days in advance of the start of your block of classes, otherwise your booking will be forfeit and you may be charged the full fee.
- If the participant fails to attend the class, the full course fees are payable.
· A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost.
· Requests to transfer to an alternative class or date must be made in writing by post or email. Transfers may be made up to 7 days before the start date and will incur no additional fee. However, transfers are subject to availability and Dog Skills is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
NORFOLK K9 TRAINING COMMITMENT
· Norfolk K9 aim to work with you and your dog using the least invasive methods for both of you. Our aim is to build on your bond with you dog to create the best team.
· Norfolk K9 reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session.
· If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable, we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather, we will let everyone know who has booked in by text as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your class, or phone call if a 1 to 1. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date.
· Norfolk K9 will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
· Course materials, where relevant, are usually supplied after your course has been completed. Follow up emails and course materials are supplied for your personal use and must not be copied or forwarded without permission.
· The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
· We send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training. If you do not wish to receive this, please either unsubscribe from the newsletter or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID 19 SPECIFIC
· If you need to self-isolate for any reason (including track and trace) please do not come to class. An alternative solution will be used, such as an online class
· Leave space between yourself and other cars in the car park to ensure social distancing
· Arrive no more than 5 minutes before class starts and please ensure you have left within 15 minutes of class finishing; any questions can be asked on the Facebook Group
· Dogs must be kept on lead at all times
· Please stick to your stations and maintain at least a 3m distance from other households at all times
· Follow the latest government guidance at all times
Starting on Sunday 14th November 2021.
Puppy Foundation Course - spaces available
Young Dog Course - spaces available
Simply click on the appropriate course in the header bar for more information, should this satisfy your requirements complete the instructions provided below and we will work with you to confirm your booking.